Canadian Student Visas & Study Permits for International Students

Canadian Student Visas & Study Permits

Canadian Study Permits for International Students

Thanks to Canadian Student Visas, students come from all over the world to study in Canada, and many stay on to work and live and raise a family after.

A study permit is the official authorization to study in Canada. To apply for a study permit, you generally need to have a Letter of Acceptance from a designated learning institution in Canada. You may also be required to prove that you have enough funds to cover tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation. Some applicants may need to provide proof of a medical exam and a police clearance certificate.

If your program duration is longer than your initial study permit, you may need to extend it. It’s essential to apply for an extension well before your permit expires.

After completing your program in Canada, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which allows you to work in Canada for a specified period to gain Canadian work experience.

Whether you wish to attend a short English course, or full time University or College program, we can help you with your initial Study Permit, extensions of an existing Study Permit, or your post-graduate work permit (and application for Permanent Residence too!)

If you would like our help, we can assess your qualifications for obtaining this temporary visa (or its renewal). Kindly fill out the Student Class Assessment Form below and we will get back to you shortly with the next steps.

Student Checklist

Here are some considerations to keep in mind for studying in Canada:

  • Ensure you meet all the eligibility criteria and apply well in advance for your study permit.
  • Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage while studying in Canada. Some provinces may offer provincial health care coverage, while others require private health insurance.
  • If your first language is not English or French, you may need to provide proof of language proficiency through tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or DELF/DALF (for French).
  • Keep up to date with changes in Canadian immigration policies, student regulations, and any other relevant information.