Phone: 416-651-8889

Immigration Services

Canadian Permanent Resident Cards

Applying for your first card, renewals, and appeals for residency challenges abroad

Canadian Permanent Resident Cards (PR) are required for all Permanent Canadian residents who wish to travel abroad  to be able to establish their identity at the Port of Entry and to re-enter Canada. The PR Card is valid for a five year period. We can assist you in the process of obtaining your card for the first time, or apply to extend your current one.

If you have spent a considerable amount of time outside of Canada since landing, especially in the past 5 years, you may need special counseling prior to applying to extend your PR Card. If your card has already expired, and you are outside of Canada, you need to know your rights! You would need to apply to get a Travel Document to reenter Canada, and at that point the Embassy or Visa Office abroad may make the decision to revoke your Permanent Residence status. It is strongly recommended you consult with us prior to taking any action so you know your rights. You will also want to know if and how an appeal can be made, if you are eligible.

Please fill out our Permanent Resident Card Assessment Form so we can assess your ability to obtain your Canadian Permanent Resident Card.